NOFLAC is always looking for volunteers who would like to donate their time and expertise to making us a better organization. We plan to become a non-profit in the near future, but that is a long and involved process that requires the talents of many. As a result, we are looking for all kinds of volunteers that are willing to help us begin this educational journey and those with the following abilities are especially in need:
- Accountants and bookkeepers.
- Board of directors with non-profit experience.
- Business plan experts.
- Environmental enthusiasts: Our long-term plan is to set up educational booths at environmental fairs and festivals throughout the country, so if you want to help with getting out our message and contributing your thoughts and ideas, please contact us so we can get to know each other better!
- GIS (geographic information system) experience: we are looking to map and catalog as many lead and metal contaminated hot-spots as possible.
- Grant writers.
- Legal assistance with completing the necessary non-profit documentation for New York State. College law students who are looking to expand their resume may find this a rewarding experience.
- Marketing professionals: Volunteers with SEO, branding, social marketing and keyword experience to help us get the message out to those most in need of what we have to offer.
- Philanthropists: Are you an individual who is looking for the perfect environmental non-profit to support? NOFLAC may have the program that you find appealing. If so, we will gladly work with you to focus a part of our efforts in a direction that you find vital.
- Website designers: While our current website is a functional, we will be expanding the websites capabilities in the near future and having the knowledge of a professional web designer would be invaluable.
Within the next year, NOFLAC expects to become a sustainable non-profit, which will allow us to hire a group of dedicated individuals who will be part of the team that expands the NOFLAC footprint. Those with prior NOFLAC experience will have a head start when hiring is initiated.